Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

my picks from jason wu for target.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Today is also the release of Jason Wu's collection for Target. It's been a while since a designer collaboration! You guys know how I like to go to all of them. I used to post about all of them. The Jason Wu collaboration was a collection I was really looking forward to when I first heard about it. I'm not a terribly huge Jason fan but I do admire some of his pieces and was curious what he'd come up with.

Unfortunately, I didn't go see the collection. The closest Target here is within walkable distance, but I don't think it's safe to walk to the store before sunrise. Back in California, I'd have my mom drive me ten minutes before the store opens and I'd be the first person there. Since Manhattan doesn't have any Targets, I could imagine that the city folks would be swarming the ones in Brooklyn and Queens. It's less of a deal in the suburbs.

Onward to my picks!
I really like the flare dresses, all of them.

If I had gone, this dress probably would have been the one I'd go for. They're very simple, but that just gives more room for creativity and versatility. Both are $60, which is a little difficult for me to justify. I moved in with my friend a few days ago and have been buying supplies for the room along with supplies for class, which totals up to maybe $200 this week already.

As far as dresses go the navy one with the border stripes was my second choice.
This one,I believe, is $20 less than the black and white flared one. I like the cut, and the pleats on the bodice. My only beef with this one is that it channels schoolgirl vibes, like private school uniform. Preppy.

The sheer blouses are cute, too.
They're $35 each I think. Oh lord, I just checked them up on ebay and people are already marking them up ridiculously.

And of course, the cat scarf.
This was the one thing that I felt like I had to get from the collection. But that was the same thought several other people had when discussing the collection. It's $20 and not a bad price, and I could imagine everyone else having the same scarf.

I was pretty resolved for not going, but writing this post makes me wish I'd been at my hometown so I could have gone to the Target there and try on everything. I'm still a little bit torn about the flare dress. Though, I don't think it's in stock in any locations around here any more.

I'll wait for them to pop up at Goodwill.
Thrift shopping it is.

Almost forgot to put this in! These are some rough designs for my juniors project in apparel. I finished coloring them today


Love, Kaia

4 comments:

Julie Doll said...

ahh forget jason wu, look at your cute sketches! i love your drawing style.. i'd totally wear your designs♥

SC said...

Cute picks! I like your choices. I haven't rly looked into any Target collabs cuz Canada doesn't have Target augh. We're so behind lol.

Lovely sketches!

// SOYCONFESSIONS.BLOGSPOT.COM

tifflia said...

If it's any consolation, they were sold out here back home in 5 minutes--My mom and sister went and fought people xD.

Asian town, Asian designer, Asian pride.
As usual, though, they were really understocked so I guess that's gotta be considered too.

I really wanted the white flare dress, but I'm way way way too far from the nearest Target here.

batsick said...

I really like the black dress up top. Not really a huge fan of the color white, being that it stains and all, ugh. Nice fashion sketches!

Post a Comment