Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

girls in the old days who had to wear corsets must have had it hard.

I was cleaning out my room today and doing some last minute packing and came across this dress I bought a few months ago. That dress that I was never in my life going to ever be able to fit in. Well. I tried it on today and it fit.
I think I just really suck at zipping up zippers and I was probably too scared to zip it up all the way in case of breaking it. It's just. Really. Tight. Can't. Breath. This must be what corsets feel like. I've never felt so fat and skinny at the same time.
Gunne Sax dress from Goodwill, petticoat from Malco Mode, headdress and necklace from Forever21, shoes from Salvation Army.

The dress is a vintage size 7. I'm trying to look for a sizing conversion chart, but it's not going that well for me. I think my keywords are wrong. It feels kind of like a size 1/3. Not my size.

I'm at the airport...still waiting for my plane, which has been delayed due to thunderstorms and the like. Looks like...a little more than three hours. My battery's not going to last that long.

Hopefully it'll be a safe flight.

Love,
Kaia

5 comments:

coco kailee said...

That dress is absolute love. I adore it!

I love the sweetheart neckline and the bubble skirt with the peek of crinoline underneath...and it looks perfect on you! So sweet! I wish I found cute vintage clothes hidden away in my room when I cleaned! Hehe!

Hope you have a safe trip! I'll be keep you in my thoughts, Miss Kaiami! <3


xoxo Coco
http://www.muffintopbaby.com

りあ★ said...

aww what a pretty dress *-*

i hope you have a good flight!! ; 3 ;

*virtual hug*

tracee said...

That dress is lovely! It looks so similar to the dress I wore to my prom.. I wore a vintage short black dress.

Hope you had a safe trip! And good luck with college (I'm assuming you're heading over for orientation? Which one, if you don't mind me asking?)

Kaiami said...

Ahh thank you Coco, Gloria!

Tracee: If I went to prom, I would have probably gone with something like that too. I'm at Pratt! Stabile healthy choices floor.

Clairedontcare said...

WOW You look amazing. That dress is gorg.
I hope you had a good flight. :)

Post a Comment