Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I am not a shopaholic.

Admittedly, I probably spend more money than anyone else in the family. But that's a given. No one else buys clothes. I was accused of being a shopaholic today for making 'several' purchases in the past week. Wearing a couple of them here.

Obey t-shirt and Docs from Buffalo Exchange, padlock chain necklace from Sex Pot Revenge, freebie donation tights.

While I was in LA, I passed by a Buffalo Exchange store, and thought it looked like a thrift store and wanted to go in, but I was in a hurry and wasn't able to. Coincidentally, I stumbled upon another one while I was in the OC.

After passing by the LA one, I looked for some reviews, and it's a pretty mixed bag. Personally, I really like the store. Because I was on my way to the airport when I passed by the shop, I only had about 20 minutes in the store. If I were at Goodwill, 20 minutes isn't nearly enough time for me to find something I like. I was surprised how quickly I was able to find things I liked at Buffalo Exchange. The clothes are screened and hand picked, so there were a lot of good pieces being sold. The catch is the prices. The prices are reminiscent of what you would see at Forever 21. Which isn't too bad, really. Though everything is secondhand, it all looks pretty new and free of rips and holes.

I left the store with two items.
An oversized Obey Clothing t-shirt and
A pair of vintage Doc Martens. They're design number 2071047, not the well known 1460 with yellow stitches, so I hesitated a little. But they're made in England and extremely comfortable and fit perfectly, so I could pass them up.

The total for these two items came up to be around $35, which is a lot more than I would spend at say, the Salvation Army. But I wouldn't mind visiting every once in a while as a treat.

On my last trip to Goodwill, I saw a pair of Dolce Vita Target shoes that I wanted, but were three full sizes too big for me. I planned on searching for them on eBay, but ended up not having to. They're on clearance on the Target website for $12, or $18 after shipping and tax. Bomb! New shoes under $20.


And the last of the purchases. I've made three separate trips to three different Kinokuniyas in the past week. I've now been to all four locations in California! Now I know price differences and that kind of stuff.
I was really surprised to see that the Los Angeles store had airmail magazines, and swoop up the April issue right away. I was so excited to get it because Midori is this month's covergirl. In the San Jose store, magazines take about a month to arrive, so I always get my issues a month late. I later went to the Costa Mesa location, which also had the airmail magazine, except a dollar cheaper. Ffffffff. And then saw that their Japanese manga were $1.40 cheaper. Fffffff. Japanese manga is expensive now, man. I might as well learn to read Chinese so I can buy Chinese manga and actually read it.

Oh wait, I lied.
I also bought more Seibei shirts yesterday. Couldn't help it.

Love, Kai

5 comments:

- said...

love the outfit and the other shoes!
and I so envy you for being able to get these japanese magazines at so many places -.-"

Marlena said...

I get the shopaholic thing a lot too! -_- Sometimes I wish my family liked clothes as much as I do to avoid feeling guilty about it...

But whatever, who cares when you have kick ass boots like those! I've wanted a pair of vintage heeled Docs for the longest time T_T You're so lucky!

Unknown said...

Great blog. Very interesting and stylish.

Just come and see mine.

Adam,

http://fashionispartofme.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Great finds! You've got such good style. can't tell you how jealous I am of the vintage drs.

Kaiami said...

Asuka: I am pretty lucky! They're available on Yesasia, but a little bit pricey.

Marlena: My dad has been wearing the same shirts for like 20 years now ;_; That's longer than I've been alive. I'm always hunting for old Docs when I visit second hand stores! I wish I got non-heeled ones though. I've bought way too many heeled boots in my lifetime. Kinda want to sell them for the 1460 kind.

Adam, Sofi: Thank you!

Post a Comment