Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

an award for me?

I've been given the Stylish Blogger Award by Marlena of Self Constructed Freak! She has been supportive since day one, my first post. She's also got mad style, so I've been a fan of her since I started blogging.
I'm to share seven things about myself, so here we go!

1. I need my sleep. If I don't get at least nine hours of sleep (10 would be ideal), I would be dozing off for the rest of the day. That's why my bedtime is set at 9pm.

2. I prefer cold water over any beverage. When I was little, I loved to drink juice, before my mom told me it wasn't healthy. And then she said the same thing for soda. And coffee. And milk. So I've gotten in the habit on not drinking anything besides water.

3. I am a Pokemon master! In the games, I've collected all 493 Pokemon, before the new generation was released. The only thing I have left to do in my game is to get 100 consecutive wins at the battle tower, which I don't have the patience for.

4. I went to the same preschool as Jason Wu. Yes, the Jason Wu. Not at the same time, because he's older than me. But we had the same principal, and it was that principal who encouraged him to pursue fashion and move out of Taiwan and study in a foreign country. Honestly, she's the coolest principal in the world.

5. My sport of choice is DDR! I'm not pro by any means, but I'm not bad either. My brother, though, is pretty good. He memorizes steps and then does them backwards and dances on all fours. Yeah, no. I can't do that.

6. I love birds! I love all animals (insects excluded, I'm sorry! I tried hard to like them, but they still freak me out), but I love birds in particular. My intended major when I was a freshman and sophomore in high school was ornithology, the study of birds. My 10th grade chemistry teacher convinced me that I'm the art school type.

7. I collect vintage items. I have a ton of old books with pretty details that I'm afraid to touch because I think they'll break if I open it. I also collect teacups even though I don't really drink tea. And also vintage Avon bottles. I love collecting them because it is a fairly inexpensive hobby. A lot of elder people used to collect them in their youth, and sell them off now at garage sales for about a buck each. I would collect modern perfume, but I can't afford that stuff.

I pass this award on to the following seven people!

1. Coco from Muffin Top Baby
2. Britney of Flow Disruption
3. Savannah from A Witch's Style
4. Kar-Yan's Dear Kar-Yan
5. Holly of Covetous Creatures
6. Sophia of Maroon Sparrow
7. Julie of SmileySquid

I got my class sweater this week, completed with my name personalized on it.
Oh, here's a bonus trivia, just for kicks. My middle name is E. Just E. Because my parents didn't think about it beforehand, and thought of placing a filler middle name until they decide on one. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to get a name change. I'm changing my middle name to Kaiami eventually.

I got zero hours of sleep last night and was knocked out as soon as I got home. I just woke up a while ago from a 6 hour nap. I probably would have slept till tomorrow if my mom didn't wake me up to do homework.

Love, Kai

5 comments:

DearKarYan said...

Congrats on the award! :) I agree, you are a very stylish blogger!
I love the seven interesting facts too, Pokemon Master! <3

Savannah Burton said...

Oh my Goodness! Thank you! You are one of my favorite bloggers! I love your style so much and find you so inspiring! I want to talk with you more though because I feel as if we have never even had a conversation!

Marlena said...

I really like that sweater! I'm a sucker for anything with fancy lettering.

Kaiami said...

Thanks, you guys! Savannah, feel free to drop me a message anytime! I'm always around to answer questions, but I'm terrible at responding to comments (I never know what to say), so sometimes I leave it as is.

Ellinor Forje said...

I love your manga inspired fashion illustrations in the post down below. I wish I could use colours the way you do. Thanks for sharing and drop by me too when you have time.

Cheers.

Post a Comment