Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

post mcqueen.

I almost had pictures to post today. I took my camera to school so I could take pictures before I get home and it's too dark. But when I turned the camera on, the screen wrote in big black letters no memory card. Fuuuuuu

So I'll write about Spring 2011 Mcqueen today since I was finally able to save the pictures from the collection. Mcqueen was my favorite designer, and after he passed away last year, I wasn't sure what to expect for his line. At first, I was a bit iffy that someone else was going to take over for him. I was one of those people who wanted Fall 2010 to be the last of Alexander Mcqueen. But after seeing her work on the runway, I think it's safe for me to say that Mcqueen is in good hands. Props to Sarah Burton.

Here are my picks from the collection.
I had been skipping through, unimpressed, until I saw this one. Love this one. Black opulence is a winner.
This one might be my favorite from the collection.

Some of Lee's flair is still there. I do miss the theatrical aspects and him walking down at the end of the show, though.


I've been working on my design hometest for FIT recently. And I have to admit, this is the first time I've legitly done design. Before I started on my hometest, it was just doodles of clothes I'd like to have. I don't even know if I'm doing this right. Gosh, I hope I get this done in time. Back to work for me.

Love, Kai

0 comments:

Post a Comment