Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

well that didn't work out so well.

While I was down in LA last Friday, I stopped at Bel Air Camera. To my surprise, they carry Impossible Project polaroid film. I gathered up the remains of money I had and bought a pack of the PX 600 Silver Shade film for a little over $25 after tax.
I didn't realize there was a different darkslide in every box! Which is pretty cool. Makes me want to buy more.

Of course, I've had zero experience, and my parents have never used a polaroid before either, so I was a little bit worried about how my pictures would come out. The first one came out kind of overexposed.

I gathered up enough courage to take another picture, but it came out worse than the first one. I tried using the box to cover the film when it came out, but it didn't work out.
When I first flipped it over, I kept bashing myself for wasting the film. But the more I looked at the pictures, the more they grew on me. Sure, they didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but there's a certain beauty to the abstractness of the pictures. Anyway, I can learn from my experiences.
This means I'll probably be dishing out another $25 or $30 for another box of these. My wallet is crying.

If the second picture had come out right, this was what it was supposed to look like. Apollo and Remy just chillin.

I've been showing off a lot of oldschool cameras lately. I wish I could show some of the pictures that I took, but I haven't been able to develop them yet. My dad got me a new digicam yesterday, because my old faithful blog partner is getting old and problematic.
It's a Canon Powershot E1 in pink. The pictures it takes is about the same level as my old Canon Powershot A540.

Love, Kai

1 comments:

- said...

I really like the first picture, polaroids are so cool!
and your new camera is so sweet!

Post a Comment