Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

lanvin for h&m.

I wasn't planning on making a post on Lanvin. I steered away from updates and pictures of the line because I knew the prices would not be within my affordability range. And I was right. But there was a particular dress in the window of H&M that caught my attention. If you're guess is the one pictured above, you're right! Just look at that incredible flounce of tulle. Kind of reminds me of Betsey Johnson.

The line was released on Saturday, November 20th in 24 stores around the United States. The one I passed by was one of the few. But because I had been in a hurry (for the Angelic Pretty opening that was going on at the same time), I hadn't given it a second thought. I did manage to snap a couple pictures of the front of the store, that I took from across the street.
Actually, it was the red tulle dress that had caught my eye first. I mean, it's a huge puff of bright red and kind of hard to miss. That was my first thought. My second thought was ohsnap I would love to have that dress. It comes with a $250 price tag. This goes on the list of things I would love to have, but that swacket is my first priority.

Right, now my thoughts on the line.

photos from Fashionology

These are my favorite looks from the line. I adore the bottom right one, but I feel like it wouldn't be too difficult to find similar pieces at Forever 21.


photos from Stylite
That dress! As much as I like it, I can't justify spending $250 on yet another dress. I'll stick with buying different colored high quality petticoats instead.

Maybe it's the red leopard tights, but I'm still getting that major Betsey Johnson vibe. Which isn't a negative thing per se. Just too clashy for my liking.
I am a fan of prints, but too print-oriented is chaotic. The tights on the right, I'm really digging.


photos from Fashionista.com
The last two, I really like. The left dress for obvious reasons (or because it is the same dress in a different color than the grey one, if it's not-so-obvious) and the right one because of the ridiculous amount of ruffles.

Thoughts overall: I'm not extremely tempted. Aside from the grey (and red, I suppose) tulle dress, nothing really stood out to me. I'll most likely skip out on making any purchases, aside from maybe a lipstick or a pair of tights.

Love, Kai

0 comments:

Post a Comment