Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

my face is freezing off in sunny california.


shirt from Forever21, shorts from Taiwan

This morning was the coldest it's been pretty much all year. It was 32°F on my way to school. Normally, the temperature stays at a 40-50 range and doesn't drop that low. I'm extremely sensitive to cold (strange because I used to run around in short sleeves without a jacket in the winter all the time in elementary school an didn't think it was cold) and my hands are almost always cold. I'm afraid to wash my hands because the water in the restrooms are so cold, and if I wash my hands, then they don't warm up afterwards. I need to buy more hand sanitizer. I'd like to go to an east coast school, but I don't know how I'd fare with the climate there.

I wore my old favorite shirt that's been sitting in the back of my closet for months. I don't remember why I haven't been wearing it. Also wore shorts today because I can't stand wearing pants. Bad habit for the recent change in weather.

I can't believe how often I'm posting new clothes. Maybe this isn't a good thing. I received the second part of that Puma order in the mail. Jacket!
It's probably not hard to tell. It's from the mens' section. The selection in the womens' section consists of tight fitting pieces, which I dislike with a passion. That's why I buy smalls in men. Oh, also because my little brother likes this one so we could share.

My first thought when opening the package was I can't believe it's so light. My second thought was I can't believe it's so thin. And my first thought when trying it on was I feel like I'm wearing a garbage bag. I even thought about returning it. But before that, I had to let my brother try it on. When he did, I was fully expecting him to dislike it. Instead he told me he loved it. I asked him why, and he responded with the material is so cool, it feels like a trash bag!



picture from Princess Mina. From left to right, Oh Cabana Boy, Shine, and It's Up to Blue
I went to Ulta yesterday for the Seventeen magazine free Orly Nail polish offer. The colors that they were offering were Shine, Oh Cabana Boy, and It's Up To Blue. I'm not a terribly big fan of any of the colors, but if I had my pick, it would have been Shine. Unfortunately, by the time I arrived at the store, there was only one bottle left on the shelf.
Looks like someone spilled another color on top of it. Oh Cabana Boy is an outrageously bright, hot neon pink. Not exactly my color. Funny, I took a survey a couple days ago for a Secret Santa, and one of the questions was "list things you don't like." I put down "tight clothes and neon nail polish."

I was hoping to buy All Hail Mcqueen at Ulta too, but I walked around the store four times and could find it. A sales lady must have seen me wandering around helplessly and offered help. I asked her about the nail polish, and her manager told me that they didn't carry Butter London items in stores. Looks like that'll have to wait till after the holidays.

Last thing. Yes, another thrift store. Thrift Town this time! I found a 100% Banana Republic leather jacket which I would have loved to have, but it was two sizes too big, and I didn't want to pay $20 for a jacket that I probably wouldn't wear.
American Eagle crochet lace bolero! This cost me a buck.
Skirt! This one was $3. It's kind of an awkward length. But it's a nice floral print and I can't resist those.
Velvet floral elastic waist mom pants! Velvet is a turnoff for me. It used to be my obsession when I was in elementary school. I can't stand it now. And yet, I had to get these pants. It must be the floral print thing again. This one was three bucks also.

Oh snap it's past my bedtime and my hair is still wet.

Love, Kai

1 comments:

Marlena said...

Oooh I LOVE the crochet bolero! And those velvet floral mom-pants sound like my dream pants. I wish I had this much luck thrifting!

Post a Comment